nanog mailing list archives

RE: Ethernet OAM BCPs Please are there any yet???

From: Jonathon Exley <Jonathon.Exley () kordia co nz>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 16:34:08 +0000

The ITU recommend the following levels:

5,6,7 = Customer
3,4  = Provider
1,2  = Operator
0    = Local segment

I don't know if there are any rules of thumb for the CCM interval - faster is more sensitive & unstable, slow is
sluggish but stable. The spec allows between 3.33 ms and 10 minutes in 7 steps, with 1s being the midpoint. So we use
1s intervals.

I'm not sure if the other parameters you mention are configurable for CCM. I think the packet has a constant size. Are
you wanting to also do Y.1731 performance management?

Jonathon