nanog mailing list archives

Re: Google burp

From: Michael Sinatra <michael () rancid berkeley edu>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2012 15:06:33 -0700

On 10/31/12 2:55 PM, Blair Trosper wrote:
I guess I'll be the one to ask...what's going on over at Google?  Service
interruptions and front-end errors all over the place across what appears
to be all services, though Gmail seems to have bounced back up.  Google's
service disruption is about to bring Twitter's service to its knees as
people complain and try to figure out what's going on.

Blair Trosper
Updraft Networks & The North Texas GigaPOP

It's back working for me (after just a few minutes of brokenness), but I
have to say I really loved the "out of order" splash page I got when my
calendar went down:

"Sorry, there seems to be a problem.  The service you're looking for is
temporarily unavailable.  Please try again in a few hours.  Thanks for
your patience."

Ahem, a few *hours*?