nanog mailing list archives

Re: "Programmers can't get IPv6 thus that is why they do not have IPv6 in their applications"....

From: david raistrick <drais () icantclick org>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2012 12:21:10 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 28 Nov 2012, Bjørn Mork wrote:

Maybe so.  But do I _want_ do run that software?  No.

Anyway, I am not sure which programs that would be.  The applications
with open sockets on my laptop are currently:

I take it you're in the minority who don't play games, use mobile apps on your phone, use a dvr.......

or any SaaS applications accessable via the web, or indeed visit websites with shopping cart software, or CRM software, or blogs, or....

the large majority of software that interfaces to v4 networks does so through libraries and frameworks that seperate that part of the application stack from the part that the developer is building his code in. So really and truly most software is written by developers who can barely plug and play their home networks, much less actually understand what dhcp means.

--
david raistrick        http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote.html
drais () icantclick org       ascii ribbon campaign - stop html mail