nanog mailing list archives

Re: The Verge article about Verizon's Sandy Cleanup Efforts in Manhattan

From: Christopher Morrow <morrowc.lists () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2012 14:58:56 -0500

On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 1:48 PM, Faisal Imtiaz <faisal () snappydsl net> wrote:

On 11/20/2012 1:20 PM, Christopher Morrow wrote:

On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 12:49 PM, Faisal Imtiaz <faisal () snappydsl net>
wrote:

On 11/20/2012 12:10 PM, Christopher Morrow wrote:

it's acutally kinda nice that at least from CO -> building now
there maybe more highspeed links... and maybe lower long term costs?

Be careful of what you wish for...., Yes, you get fiber from the CO to
the
Building... however there is also a very big side-effect...
Verizon is not obligated to provide equal access to Competitive providers
(CLECs) on this Fiber....

Thus, you are also looking a significantly reduced competition..... which
is
very likely to equate to a higher cost for end users.

right, so in the end vz gets what it wants... a return to monopoly.

conspiracy theories about verizon starting the floods?

No Conspiracy theories... just the simple facts on where things stand, based
on current regulatory environment.
(I / We have no horse in this race....)

apologies, I forgot the emoticons after my last comment. i really did
mean it in jest... I don't think VZ has harnessed
weather-changing-powers. (yet).