nanog mailing list archives

Re: Indonesian ISP Moratel announces Google's prefixes

From: Stephen Wilcox <steve.wilcox () ixreach com>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2012 05:13:16 +0000

Nobody said a Moratel customer announced a Google prefix, they said the
issue was within Moratel.

This is a really good article that explains the issue in detail, maybe read
it again?

http://blog.cloudflare.com/why-google-went-offline-today-and-a-bit-about

Steve

On 7 November 2012 05:07, Jian Gu <guxiaojian () gmail com> wrote:

Where did you get the idea that a Moratel customer announced a google-owned
prefix to Moratel and Moratel did not have the proper filters in place?
according to the blog, all google's 4 authoritative DNS server networks and
8.8.8.0/24 were wrongly routed to Moratel, what's the possiblity for a
Moratel customers announce all those prefixes?

On Tue, Nov 6, 2012 at 9:02 PM, Patrick W. Gilmore <patrick () ianai net