nanog mailing list archives

Re: Operation Ghost Click

From: "Livingood, Jason" <Jason_Livingood () cable comcast com>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2012 14:37:23 +0000

Hey Jason, I'm going to put you on the spot with a crazy idea.

Many customers of the major internet providers also have other
services from them, like TV and Phone.  Perhaps expanding the notice
to those areas would be useful?  Turn on your cable box and get a
notice, or pick up the phone and get a notice?

We did the phone thing by dropping a voicemail to our voice customers (it
is IP voicemail so it kind of looks like an email server architecture).

Good idea on the TV notification as well and certainly not crazy! ;-)

- Jason