nanog mailing list archives

Re: Network diagram app that shows realtime link utilizatin

From: "Justin M. Streiner" <streiner () cluebyfour org>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2012 12:57:27 -0400 (EDT)

On 2012-05-01 18:41, Hank Disuko wrote:
 I wonder if anyone can recommend a network diagram tool that can show
 realtime link utilization via snmp?
Were i work we do it with perl, rrdtool and graphviz - it's fairly simple to put together, and that way, you get exactly what you need.

It's also worth mentioning that most of the tools listed in response to the original message show data in near-real-time, such as 1 or 5-minute averages. 'real-time' in this case starts to lead down a slippery slope of terminology gaps ;)

jms