nanog mailing list archives

Re: Cogent for ISP bandwidth

From: Faisal Imtiaz <faisal () snappydsl net>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 23:49:23 -0400

I often tell folks, Cogent is the 'Heidi Fleiss' of the industry ...... pretty much everyone of the major carriers / providers deal with them.. but no one wants to admit it.

I don't think there is any carrier out there that could be considered 'Premium' in terms of quality of service (yeah their are a lot of folks who are Premium based on what they charge)...

One can only hedge one's bet for a quality connection by having multiple providers (you can mix and match) or go with some one like Internap or Tinet (folks who are taking traffic across multiple providers at their POP).

Of course your mileage may vary.... as long as you have alternate connectivity, it makes dealing with issues more palatable, whether it is Cogent or Level3...

Regards.

Faisal Imtiaz
Snappy Internet&  Telecom