nanog mailing list archives

Re: Force10 E Series at the edge?

From: Brant Ian Stevens <branto () networking-architecture com>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 11:46:32 -0400

Brant Ian Stevens <mailto:branto () argentiumsolutions com>
March 28, 2012 11:41 AM
The CER is the perfect box for this application, save for the redundant processors. The MLXe will work great if you want a small form factor and redundant processors.

-Brant
George Bonser <mailto:gbonser () seven com>
March 28, 2012 11:34 AM

I have been using a pair of CER (but not the -RT) at one location for a while now and so far have been flawless. These particular units aren't taking full tables so don't need the -RT but I wouldn't have any trouble using them. The -RT are basically a 1U XMR.

Tom Daly <mailto:tom () dyn com>
March 27, 2012 11:59 PM
Brent,
Your options include, for smaller boxes:

- Brocade CER series, but make sure you the -RT versions due to RAM (haven't tried, though)
- Juniper MX (MX80 is working well for us)
- Cisco ASR1006 (heard a lot about BGP price issues)

But for 300mb/sec, what not OpenBSD + Quagga?

Tom