nanog mailing list archives

Re: dell switch config export

From: Jeroen van Aart <jeroen () mompl net>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 16:36:09 -0700

Ryan Malayter wrote:
not designed or coded by a native English speaker. You have to use the "upload" link to export config, and put in the address of your TFTP server, since you are "uploading" from the switch to the tftp server.

Yes I tried that. However the switch complains with an error about file not found. That's funny because I am uploading a file that's present on the switch to an tftp server. And I supposedly can give it any name for the destination.

Despite the terrible GUI and passable CLI, we're found the our 6248s to be remarkable stable and bug free. Some have been up for more than 3 years, and all the things you expect to be problematic on cheap switches (cross-stack LACP, multicast, MSTP, QoS) work perfectly.

Yeah they're stable, but then we barely use it for more then 2 or 3 vlans. Nothing else fancy going on. The cli is weird though and the help texts are useless, you need a manual.

Reason I want to backup the config is that some time ago after a power outage the thing reset to its default configuration...

Greetings,
Jeroen

--
Earthquake Magnitude: 4.9