nanog mailing list archives

Re: Verizon FiOS - is BGP an option?

From: Faisal Imtiaz <faisal () snappydsl net>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 08:41:39 -0400

Is that is needed, what is wrong with that ?

Isn't MPLS a form of encapsulation ? Don't the enterprise folks run routing protocols on it ?

With carriers today it is very common to deliver L2 connectivity over L3 networks.

One does not have to like it...and just because someone else (upstream) does it for one, it does not mean it is
wrong......just the nature of networks and growth, solving problems with the available set of tools...

Faisal