nanog mailing list archives

Re: strat-1 gps

From: Nikos Mouat <nikm () cyberflunk com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 20:50:37 -0700 (PDT)

I would definitely second this - I have one of these from ages ago and it runs great, and the CDMA sourced data means just throwing an antenna at the top of the cabinet in the datacenter vs running antenna cabling onto the roof for a GPS antenna. I believe I got mine on the secondary market for a fraction of the cost you mentioned Randy.

I did have an issue in 2004 with a Verizon base station having a leap second setting off or something like that, but after reporting it to EndRun they contacted Verizon and had them update it and I don't think I've touched it since.

Nikos