nanog mailing list archives

Re: LinkedIn password database compromised

From: valdis.kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 18:37:50 -0400

On Wed, 20 Jun 2012 14:39:14 -0700, Leo Bicknell said:
In a message written on Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 02:19:15PM -0700, Leo Vegoda wrote:
Key management: doing it right is hard and probably beyond most end users.

I could not be in more violent disagreement.

I have to agree with Leo on this one.  Key management *is* hard - especially
the part about doing secure key management in a world where Vint Cerf
says there's 140M pwned boxes.  It's all nice and sugary and GUI-fied and
pretty and Joe Sixpack can do it - till his computer becomes part of the 140M
and then he's *really* screwed.