nanog mailing list archives

Re: LinkedIn password database compromised

From: Randy Bush <randy () psg com>
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2012 10:43:09 -0700

so... now that this can is open, has anyone looked at:
  <http://www.oneid.com/>

yep.  yet another bucket of identity slime wanting to resell my
identity.

maybe? they don't seem to want to be the 'identity provider' directly
though, or rather they point out that your corporation could be your
identity provider (or anyone else you might trust) they simply sell
the enabling software/tech.

so they provide tools to indentity resellers.  the folk their software
enables are still *reselling* MY identity.

my point is that it is MY identity.  there are tools, such as 1password,
which enable me to control MY identity and yet have the effect of single
sign-on.

and i believe it is important that mom and pop retain control of their
identities.

randy