nanog mailing list archives

Re: FYI Netflix is down

From: Jared Mauch <jared () puck nether net>
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2012 16:13:28 -0400

The interesting thing to me is the us population by time zone. If amazon has 70% of servers in the eastern time zone it
makes some sense.

Mountain + pacific is smaller than central, which is a bit more than half eastern. These stats are older but a good
rough gauge:

http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=714986

Jared Mauch