nanog mailing list archives

Re: IPv6 only streaming video

From: Joel jaeggli <joelja () bogus com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 22:08:39 -0700

On 7/25/12 21:59 , Tina TSOU wrote:
Oh I did not, because we have been
using http://video.v6.labs.lacnic.net/jw/, and it stopped working
recently, and I could not find the contact any more, so I came back to
NANOG list which we were connected.

I think you'll find content providers have little interest in delivering
v6 only service, the occasional noble test site notwithstanding.

v6 enabled however is readily available.

Joels-MacBook:~ jjaeggli$ host youtube.com
youtube.com has address 74.125.225.40
youtube.com has address 74.125.225.35
youtube.com has address 74.125.225.34
youtube.com has address 74.125.225.39
youtube.com has address 74.125.225.41
youtube.com has address 74.125.225.33
youtube.com has address 74.125.225.37
youtube.com has address 74.125.225.32
youtube.com has address 74.125.225.36
youtube.com has address 74.125.225.46
youtube.com has address 74.125.225.38
youtube.com has IPv6 address 2001:4860:b007::5d

Tina

On Jul 25, 2012, at 9:48 PM, "Joel jaeggli" <joelja () bogus com