nanog mailing list archives

Re: anycast load balancing issue

From: Cameron Byrne <cb.list6 () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2012 06:56:58 -0800

On Jan 4, 2012 4:52 AM, "Måns Nilsson" <mansaxel () besserwisser org> wrote:

Subject: anycast load balancing issue Date: Wed, Jan 04, 2012 at
01:02:55PM +0100 Quoting Måns Nilsson (mansaxel () besserwisser org):

Trouble is, we find that (untweaked) cost and metric are such that all
nodes are equal.

s/all nodes/all nodes in my pathetically small test case/

Was no issue. I just was unlucky in selecting test cases. Sorry.

--
Måns Nilsson     primary/secondary/besserwisser/machina
MN-1334-RIPE                             +46 705 989668

I use:

Anycast = server loop back
Protocol to server = bgp / bfd

This allows for ecmp horizontal scaling for n number of dns servers (where
n is less than Max ecmp paths)

You may need to turn the bgp ecmp multipath knob.