nanog mailing list archives

RE: So... my colo was just bought.

From: "Holmes,David A" <dholmes () mwdh2o com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 09:23:53 -0800

In the 2002-2003 time frame I worked for a company that colo'd strategic business servers in various telco facilities
(big names, some that are still in business today), but these telco's had no problem with closing down the colo and
giving 6 months notice to all tenants, with very little advanced notice. So this created a situation where a
replacement site had to be found, space leased, equipment purchased, network bandwidth negotiated and purchased, etc.
within that 6 month timeframe, or face the consequences of being essentially out of business. I can't speak for the
company that is the subject of the email though, only of what has happened to me in the past.