nanog mailing list archives

Re: Whacky Weekend: Is Internet Access a Human Right?

From: Vadim Antonov <avg () kotovnik com>
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2012 22:58:58 -0800

Nathan Eisenberg <nathan () atlasnetworks us> wrote:
There are no such rights. Each positive right is somebody else's obligation.
This is antisocial nonsense.
If you want to be a slave, that's your right. But leave me out of your schemes, please. May I ask you to remove the guns and violence your "representatives" are threatening me with if I refuse to "participate"? Because I don't think it's possible to have a civilized discussion when one party insists on forcing the other to obey.

By the way, it takes a really twisted mindset to consider violence towards people who didn't do anything bad to you as socially acceptable.

--vadim