nanog mailing list archives

Re: Route Management Best Practices

From: Joe Marr <jimmy.changa007 () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 02:04:15 -0500

Thanks Mark

What do you use for reflectors, hardware(Cisco/Juniper) or software
daemons(Quagga)?

I've been toying with the idea of using Quagga route servers to announce
our prefixes to our edge routers and redistribute BGP annoucements learned
from downstream customers. Only drawback is the lack of support for tagged
static routes, so it looks like I'm going to have to use a network
statement w/ route-map to set the attributes.

Has anyone tried this, or is it suicide?