nanog mailing list archives

Re: US DOJ victim letter

From: "Matthew S. Crocker" <matthew () corp crocker com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 10:56:10 -0500 (EST)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jack Bates" <jbates () brightok net>
To: "Jon Lewis" <jlewis () lewis org>
Cc: nanog () nanog org
Sent: Monday, January 30, 2012 10:54:02 AM
Subject: Re: US DOJ victim letter

On 1/27/2012 2:23 PM, Jon Lewis wrote:

It's definitely real, but seems like they're handling it as
incompetently as possible. We got numerous copies to the same email
address, the logins didn't work initially. The phone numbers given
are
of questionable utility. Virtually no useful information was
provided.
My attitude at this point is, ignore it until they provide some
useful
information.

We finally got the hard copy. No customer IP listed, just our
recursive
resolvers, both for the customers as well as the ones that handle the
MX
servers.

All that waiting and work for apparently nothing. I'm going to guess
that my bind servers aren't malware infected (outside of being bind
j/king).

Same here,  The hard copy came the other day with the access codes to download the IP list.  Every IP on the list was
for a resolving DNS server on our IP space.  Total waste of time.