nanog mailing list archives

Re: WW: Colo Vending Machine

From: Jay Ashworth <jra () baylink com>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 19:09:03 -0500 (EST)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Aled Morris" <aledm () qix co uk>

On 17 February 2012 18:43, Eric Tykwinski <eric-list () truenet com>
wrote:

+1 for GBICs, SFPs

You'll need to be carrying a lot of loose change then :-)

In fact, vending machines with builtin card readers and radio credit card
validation are stock items these days.

My ideal vending machine would dispense Cat5e by the foot, the more you
pull the more you pay, RJ45 plugs in pairs, and a crimp tool on a long
chain (like the way you buy chain in a hardware store)

"in pairs" is nice; chained crimper -- or more likely "we'll authorize your
card for $60; if you give us back the crimper, we'll only settle for $5".

Not sure how much trouble "cable by the foot" would be, but I like it.

Cheers,
-- jra
--
Jay R. Ashworth                  Baylink                       jra () baylink com