nanog mailing list archives

RE: UDP port 80 DDoS attack

From: George Bonser <gbonser () seven com>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2012 09:56:44 +0000

No, we have registries to act as registries, the ISPs should be
checking them, and double checking.  It isn't something that is going
to change every day or every week. Once you get it set up, it is going
to be stable for a while.  Sure, it means a little more work in setting
up a customer, but it also means that if all your neighbors do the same
thing, you field many fewer calls dealing with stupid DoS crap.

I'll put it another way. Any provider that does not police their customer traffic has no business whining about DoS
problems.