nanog mailing list archives

Re: Programmers with network engineering skills

From: Rodrick Brown <rodrick.brown () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 20:04:04 -0500

On Feb 27, 2012, at 7:53 PM, William Herrin <bill () herrin us> wrote:

On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 3:22 PM, Owen DeLong <owen () delong com> wrote:
On Feb 27, 2012, at 12:02 PM, Brandt, Ralph wrote:
Generalists are hard to come by these days.

I think you're more likely to find a network engineer with (possibly limited)
programming skills.

I wish. For the past three months I've been trying to find a network
engineer with a deep TCP/IP protocol understanding, network security
expertise, some Linux experience, minor programming skill with sockets
and a TS/SCI clearance.

The clearance is killing me. The two generalists didn't have a
clearance and the cleared applicants are programmers or admins but
never both.