nanog mailing list archives

Re: 32-bit ASes at routeviews

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 16:38:15 -0500

On Sun, 16 Dec 2012 23:48:13 +0100, Iljitsch van Beijnum said:
Looking for 32-bit AS numbers, I get some strange results from
routeviews:

Unless I missed something, AS 23456 is supposed to show up as a stand-in
for 32-bit ASNs on 16-bit BGP implementations, not in _addition_ to
32-bit ASNs. So the penultimate line would make sense if the other lines
weren't there and the others don't make sense period.

Maybe a bug in the IOS they're running?

Or is something else going on?

I think you've just found a number of AS's that are at high risk of
being mystified when D-root shuts down 7 months from now. :)