nanog mailing list archives

When an ISP should run their own IRR for customers

From: ML <ml () kenweb org>
Date: Sat, 01 Dec 2012 20:20:51 -0500

I'm querying the community on the feasibility of running my own IRR on behalf of customers whom probably aren't/won't register their own objects. I'm going down this path since I don't believe RADB or ARIN would let me register objects on behalf of my customers.

I know I'm going to need this in the near future once my AS starts to peer. Conservatively I would be proxy registering about 100 customers.

Would a potential upstream/peer NOT want to query my IRR because I'm not RADB, ARIN, etc (Essentially not a well known registry)? If not, is it likely my IRR could get mirrored by RADB so other networks can retrieve good info via RADB.

If I was to run my own IRR is Merit's IRRd they way to go or is there something better?

Thanks