nanog mailing list archives

Re: Return two locations or low TTL [was: DNS caches that support partitioning ?]

From: Tim Chown <tjc () ecs soton ac uk>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 16:53:30 +0100

On 20 Aug 2012, at 16:39, Tony Finch <dot () dotat at> wrote:

Shumon Huque <shuque () upenn edu> wrote:
On 8/20/12 10:11 AM, Tony Finch wrote:

The problem is RFC 3484 address selection; getaddrinfo is just the usual
place this is implemented. I had believed that there was work in progress
to fix this problem with the specs but it seems to have stalled.
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-6man-rfc3484-revise-05

It's in the RFC editor queue actually:

http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-rfc3484bis/?include_text=1
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-rfc3484bis/history/

Excellent :-)

Tony.

I'll ask the IETF admins to link -revise to the bis draft so this continuation is clearer in the tools pages.

Tim