nanog mailing list archives

Re: Testing 1gbps bandwidth

From: valdis.kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 07:40:22 -0400

On Tue, 14 Aug 2012 15:32:47 +0400, Luqman Kondeth said:
Is anyone aware of any public IPerf servers in the middle east or close
by?(Europe) or anywhere that can do udp?. I have a 1gbps Internet link
which I've been asked to show that it has 1gbps download speeds.

First thing that comes to mind is remembering the difference between
end-to-end throughput and the throughput across one link in the chain.
If you really need to validate the one link, you probably need to get some
system to inject packets at the other end of the link.