nanog mailing list archives

Re: How to begin making my own ISP?

From: Charles N Wyble <charles () knownelement com>
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2011 21:11:32 -0500

On 09/10/2011 08:55 PM, hasserw () hushmail com wrote:
I want to begin making my own ISP, mainly for high speed servers
and such, but also branching out to residential customers. I'm
going to be in Germany for the next school year (probably either
Frankfurt am Main or Berlin); any suggestions on what sort of
classes I can take there that will be in English and will teach me
all I need to know on how to build and manage my own ISP, AS, etc?
Thanks.

I too am very interested in this topic. I'm in the process of putting a
small service provider network
together. Starting with three points of presence (Los Angeles, Kansas
City, <undetermined east coast location>).

I'm in the process of securing an AS, IP space etc. Already have all the
necessary networking gear. Working on getting
it configured and deployed.

I'm a data center guy coming into the WAN world. Learning as I go.

--
Charles N Wyble charles () knownelement com @charlesnw on twitter

http://blog.knownelement.com

Building alternative,global scale,secure, cost effective bit moving platform
for tomorrows alternate default free zone.