nanog mailing list archives

Re: [Nanog-futures] Admission for Committee Members

From: William Herrin <bill () herrin us>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2011 21:19:43 -0400

On Thu, Sep 1, 2011 at 8:13 PM, Randy Bush <randy () psg com> wrote:
On the flip side of this, many of our employers donate "our" time that
they are paying us for in order for us to serve NANOG with nary a
benefit.  If you take just committee calls for the PC alone, this is
48 hours a year - a workweek.  Perhaps they should feel that this
donation nets them something.

it's "public service" not "public employment"

Pay me for the honor and privilege of doing volunteer work for me?
Nice scam if you can swing it.

File this one with "pay to beta test." Not unheard of, but ungrateful.

-Bill

--
William D. Herrin ................ herrin () dirtside com  bill () herrin us
Falls Church, VA 22042-3004