nanog mailing list archives

Re: Y'all know Google is offering public DNS services now?

From: Scott Howard <scott () doc net au>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 22:19:40 -0700

On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 6:27 PM, steve pirk [egrep] <steve () pirk com> wrote:

Awesome link Todd - Why did I think that the resolving server would already
know "where network path wise" the request came from. Let me post this as a
comment and ask how the CDN endpoint routing is working.

I would guess, using this -
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-vandergaast-edns-client-subnet-00

Note the authors (two from Google), and the initial release date (not
actually shown in the that version as far as I can see, but it was around
the same time Google announced their public DNS servers).

  Scott.