nanog mailing list archives

Re: TATA problems?

From: Leigh Porter <leigh.porter () ukbroadband com>
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2011 15:45:18 +0000

My 10.4r1.9 boxes died also but I saw interfaces go down whilst bgpd seemed stable.

--
Leigh

On 7 Nov 2011, at 15:34, "Pierre-Yves Maunier" <nanog () maunier org> wrote:

2011/11/7 Tom Hill <tom () ninjabadger net>

On Mon, 2011-11-07 at 10:00 -0500, Todd Snyder wrote:
We seem to be having some problems with our tata links - first seen in EU
about 45 minutes ago, now we're seeing problems in NA.  I'm focused on
DNS,
so I'm seeing a lot of timeouts/servfails, but our networking folks are
talking about links dropping.

Anyone else seeing oddness on the NA Internet right now?

http://downrightnow.com/ confirms - something is up.

There are widespread issues across the Internet; certain versions of
Juniper firmware have core dumped after seeing a particular BGP 'UPDATE'
message.

(That's the running theory at least).

It's affected multiple service providers, globally, not just those
connected to TATA.

Tom

On our side all our 10.3R2.11 core dumped which made all our interfaces
flapped.
I've been told 10.4R1.9 is affected too.

--
Pierre-Yves Maunier