nanog mailing list archives

Re: OT: Server Cabinet

From: Jason Baugher <jason () thebaughers com>
Date: Wed, 04 May 2011 10:22:01 -0500

On 5/4/2011 10:07 AM, Chaim Rieger wrote:
Do you have any kids ?
If yes ask them to do it, leave and come back a few hours later

At last, a helpful answer!

Seriously, disregarding all the helpful comments from everyone questioning your judgment in trying to move a large cabinet through a small door...

   * cut the cabinet into smaller pieces, move through door,
     re-assemble via your preferred method, be it welder, chewing gum
     or duct tape
   * make the door bigger, which would mean that if you decide at some
     point you want to move the cabinet again, you won't have this issue
   * bend the very fabric of space and time itself to place the cabinet
     inside the room without going through the door

I'd pick the second one, but if you go with the third let me know so I can watch.

Jason