nanog mailing list archives

Re: IPv6 gateway, was: Re: IPv6 foot-dragging

From: Owen DeLong <owen () delong com>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2011 15:41:38 -0700

On May 13, 2011, at 3:33 PM, Jeroen van Aart wrote:

Owen DeLong wrote:
On May 13, 2011, at 2:32 PM, Jeroen van Aart wrote:

-I FORWARD -j DROP
-I FORWARD -s 2001:db8::/64 -j ACCEPT
-I FORWARD -m state --state RELATED,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT

I thought iptables processed rules in order until it found a match. In such a case, wouldn't
you want those in the reverse order?

I think hat's the case with -A, but with -I the above is the right order. Or at least it works here.

DOH! Arcane syntax failure on the part of my brain's parser.

Of course if you are Inserting rather than Appending.

Owen