nanog mailing list archives

Re: IPv6 foot-dragging

From: Iljitsch van Beijnum <iljitsch () muada com>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 16:50:41 +0200

On 11 mei 2011, at 16:39, William Astle wrote:

I think the above two points illustrate precisely why so many networks
in North America simply cannot deploy IPv6 whether they want to or not.
We simply cannot obtain IPv6 transit from our upstreams. It's just not
available. And the old line about "vote with your money" doesn't work
when you have limited choices.

Apparently the need for IPv6 isn't yet high enough to consider adding a transit provider. I've seen enough press
releases from NTT and HE to know there's at least two that can do this out there.