nanog mailing list archives

.io registrar

From: Jeremy Kister <nanog-02 () jeremykister com>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2011 14:19:15 -0400

Does anyone know of a competent .io registrar who charges in the <= $75/yr area ?

I've been using tierra.net (domaindiscover.com) but they continually break my domains.

this year, although their website says my domain expires 4/2012, my domain stopped working today. the .io servers aren't serving records, and nic.io says the domain expired 4/8/2011.

i got a hold of them this morning got a ticket -- but after 4 hours still no response.

also, although nic.io lists a bunch of .io registrars, when I called them they almost all say "we don't register .io" :D

--

Jeremy Kister
http://jeremy.kister.net./