nanog mailing list archives

Re: IPv6 SEO implecations?

From: Owen DeLong <owen () delong com>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 18:09:28 -0700

On Mar 28, 2011, at 4:20 PM, TR Shaw wrote:

On Mar 28, 2011, at 7:10 PM, Karl Auer wrote:

On Mon, 2011-03-28 at 15:55 -0700, Owen DeLong wrote:
If you're worried about SEO, go with native IPv6 and then deploy AAAAs
for WWW.domain.foo.

Why is native IPv6 needed? I'd have thought a tunnel would be fine, too.

So why does

www A 127.0.0.1
www AAAA ::1

Preclude a tunnel?  I can't get native here to my IPv6 is tunneled thru he (Thanks he) but that doesn't change dual
DNS entires.

(Note used loopback as an example)

Tom

Well, hard to tunnel to a loopback address, but, using a better example:

www     IN      A               192.0.2.50
                IN      AAAA    2001:db8::2:50

Would not preclude a tunnel at all. The issue is that he seemed concerned
with additional latency from a tunnel resulting in SEO penalties, so, I suggested
native as a resolution to that concern.

Owen