nanog mailing list archives

Re: TWTelecom DNS issues...

From: Jay Ashworth <jra () baylink com>
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2011 21:31:45 -0500 (EST)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Christopher Morrow" <morrowc.lists () gmail com>

On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 1:38 PM, Wil Schultz <wschultz () bsdboy com>
wrote:
ns1.twtelecom.net and ns2.twtelecom.net (along with some other DNS
servers, ns1.orng.twtelecom.net and ns1.ptld.twtelecom.net) suddenly
stopped serving DNS for domains it's not authoritative for this
morning. Requests are being actively refused from within their
network.

Caused a small issue for us, just thought I'd pass along.

they were recursing previously and are no longer? that seems like a
win... or did I misconstrue what you said?

Not if you're an end user who was configured, for some reason, to use them
as a recursive server... which is what I infer from the fact that he posted
it.  In which case, it would be useful for Wil to provide us the IP
addresses of those servers as he understand them, since that is what such
affected users would have programmed...

Cheers,
-- jra