nanog mailing list archives

Re: so big earthquake in JP

From: Owen DeLong <owen () delong com>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 15:34:39 -0800

On Mar 11, 2011, at 6:11 AM, Patrick W. Gilmore wrote:

On Mar 11, 2011, at 8:50 AM, Daniel Belin wrote:

Are we aware of how much the infrastructure has been damaged yet? Are aftershocks still going?

Subway & bus lines are still down.  Fire at the nuke plant has been put out, no radiation detected, but they still
evacuated a couple thousand residents because the backup generator failed & the water pump is not pumping.

I hear that there is now rising radiation levels outside the plant and US is flying in some dampers
in hopes to resolve the situation.

Owen