nanog mailing list archives

Re: HIJACKED: 159.223.0.0/16 -- WTF? Does anybody care?

From: Jima <nanog () jima tk>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 12:04:33 -0500

On 03/30/2011 03:53 PM, Ronald F. Guilmette wrote:
I just stumbled onto this one the other day.

Apparently, Spamhaus has known about this one for THREE MONTHS already:

    http://www.spamhaus.org/sbl/sbl.lasso?query=SBL98308

It's being routed by AS11730, aka "Circle Internet LTD", a known spammer-
friendly provider that I have come across many times in the past.

They in turn are getting connectivity from:

    AS26769  BandCon
    AS7385   Integra Telecom

These companies are also not known for being especially scruplous either.
But I mean seriously, Jesus Christ!  Does ANYBODY even give a crap about
blatant naked IP space hijacking anymore?  Or is the entire net now on
its final slow descent into utter chaos?

This address space seems to be offline now. I for one forwarded info to a contact at Integra, but I can't attest to whether that had anything to do with it.

 I guess we can call this a victory for the community?  I dunno.

     Jima