nanog mailing list archives

Re: AAAA on various websites, but they all forgot to enable them on their nameservers....

From: Owen DeLong <owen () delong com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 12:14:50 -0700

On Jun 15, 2011, at 12:32 PM, Jeroen van Aart wrote:

Seth Mattinen wrote:
listen-on-v6 { any; };

Yeah that's what I did. But I keep reading about how these big name companies messed it up in some subtle or not so
subtle way and I keep thinking I must have missed something. Because surely those big companies can't find it that
difficult, can they? :-)

Well... You may also need to put IPv6 glue records into the upstream DNS servers, depending
on whether your nameservers live within the same zone or not.

Owen