nanog mailing list archives

Re: Question about migrating to IPv6 with multiple upstreams.

From: Scott Helms <khelms () ispalliance net>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 17:57:01 -0400

Yes... The key word there is perception. The question is whether it makes
more sense to put effort into correcting mis-perceptions or to put the effort
into providing workarounds which provide a sub-par networking experience
to the end user.

IMNSHO, it is better to put effort into education. I'm surprised to find someone
from a .EDU on the opposite side of that thought. One would normally expect
them to favor the idea of education over hackery.

There are few things harder on the planet than changing perception and one of the few is changing human behavior. NAT is normal for many/most enterprises and the thought of trying to explain sub-par networking to most business leaders makes my teeth hurt.

Scott Helms
Vice President of Technology
ISP Alliance, Inc. DBA ZCorum
(678) 507-5000