nanog mailing list archives

Re: Yup; the Internet is screwed up.

From: Jeroen van Aart <jeroen () mompl net>
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2011 15:25:41 -0700

Don Gould wrote:
100/40 isn't about 6 channels of TV and even less about torrents.

It's about BIR not CIR.

It's about dropping my HD video recorder, with 2 hours of random video recorded at todays 'family birthday party', on its 'hot shoe' and it

All these new gadgets will drive the need for much more home networking technology.

It's why we need more 1's and 0's to move.

But this is all luxury, it's not the fulfillment of a basic need and even a right (as proclaimed by the UN). It's going above and beyond that, which is fine, but it's not *needed* in the sense of survival and being able to further yourself in life and career.

Just as a toyota corolla perfectly fulfills the need to drive your toddlers around and drive to and from work. An SUV in almost all cases is added luxury.

Greetings,
Jeroen

--
http://goldmark.org/jeff/stupid-disclaimers/