nanog mailing list archives

Re: Cogent & HE

From: Jeroen Massar <jeroen () unfix org>
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2011 11:06:42 +0200

On 2011-Jun-09 10:39, Saku Ytti wrote:
On (2011-06-09 00:55 -0700), Owen DeLong wrote:

To be an IPv6 TIer 1, one has to peer with other IPv6 Tier 1s. HE has
aggressively tried to improve the situation through promiscuous peering
in every way possible. If you are interested in peering with HE and
you have a presence at any of the exchange points we are at, send
an email to peering at HE.NET and we will peer.

I look forward for IPv4 to go away, as in future I can have full free
connectivity through HE to every other shop who all have full free connectivity
to HE. Something went terribly wrong in IPv4 land, where we're being unfairly
forced to pay to access other networks through them.

You could, today, setup a IPv6 over IPv4 tunnel and HE will pay for the
IPv4 transit at the cost of a little smaller lower MTU ;)

Just need to find folks on the other side to terminate those tunnels who
find also that using a free service is a good idea for a commercial
setup. I guess all this free IPv6 transit has a perfect SLA of course
with quick resolution for problems and of course a proper clean prefix
feed with properly aggregated prefixes.

Greets,
 Jeroen