nanog mailing list archives

RE: Microsoft's participation in World IPv6 day

From: Christopher Palmer <Christopher.Palmer () microsoft com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2011 22:33:28 +0000

We're very concerned about permanently configuring hosts into a non-standard state. That is one reason our World IPv6
Day fix is only a temporary modification of the Windows sorting order and isn't being pushed through Windows Update.

Permanently disabling IPv6 as a solution to the "IPv6 brokenness" issue is NOT recommended. Turning a transitory
problem (hosts on broken networks) into a permanent problem (hosts that don't use IPv6 correctly) - risks creating a
serious long-term headache.

Christopher.Palmer () Microsoft com
Program Manager
IPv6 @ Windows