nanog mailing list archives

Re: ping me please...

From: Jon Lewis <jlewis () lewis org>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 09:21:26 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 23 Jun 2011, Eric J Esslinger wrote:

I have just turned up and migrated to a new circuit. I'm getting a few reports from one customer that some of his users
are unable to reach his system.
If I could get people on the list to ping 65.5.48.2, and if it fails, to do a traceroute and email it to me offlist?
I'd appreciate it.
Thanks.

You can trace to it yourself from all over the world...unfortunately, the vast majority of these are going to use UDP packets, which you appear to be blocking at the destination.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=traceroute.org

 Jon Lewis, MCP :)           |  I route
 Atlantic Net                |