nanog mailing list archives

Re: unqualified domains, was ICANN to allow commercial gTLDs

From: Paul Vixie <vixie () isc org>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 02:08:18 +0000

From: David Conrad <drc () virtualized org>
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2011 16:04:09 -1000

On Jun 19, 2011, at 3:24 PM, Paul Vixie wrote:

i think we have to just discourage lookups of single-token names,
universally.

How?

that's a good question.  marka mentioned writing an RFC, but i expect
that ICANN could also have an impact on this by having applicants sign
something that says "i know that my single-label top level domain name
will not be directly usable the way normal domain names are and i intend
to use it only to register subdomain names which will work normally."