nanog mailing list archives

Re: Request Spamhaus contact

From: Tom Hill <tom () ninjabadger net>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 22:57:25 +0000

On Mon, 2011-01-17 at 17:12 -0500, Jeffrey Lyon wrote:
Our listing is misleading. They show me specifically what needs to be
done and why and we will act on it. The problem is that they expect me
to dig through our customer database and correlate various customers
to ROKSO listings. I don't have the resources for this.

Is it really? They list the domains in question and the IPs they resolve
to.

You should not need such resources, if you have a system that ties the
accountability of your users to either a domain name OR an IP address.

(Or at the very least, narrows it down to the point where you have
little to no guesswork remaining.)

I agree that this can be highly frustrating, but it sounds more like a
hosting company unprepared for the inevitable 'oh god the sales guys
have sold servers to a ROKSO spammer!'.

Good luck. :)

Tom