nanog mailing list archives

Re: Clearwire/Clear for branch office connectivity?

From: david raistrick <drais () icantclick org>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2011 18:58:21 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 5 Jan 2011, tico wrote:

Is anyone using Clearwire/Clear's wireless broadband offering for

Me too! I'd love to hear from anyone that's used it extensively.

I haven't in a few years (I worked for someone who thought of themselves as a clearwire competitor), but we replaced a bunch of them that customers had, we installed a few of them with our own stickers on them, and we always kept one in the truck for those times we couldn't hit our own networks but we could hit theirs...

the gear was generally solid - as long as you could get a good signal.

inside datacenters, basements, and telco huts, though, were not places that good signal was often available....

--
david raistrick        http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote.html
drais () icantclick org             http://www.expita.com/nomime.html