nanog mailing list archives

Re: Last of ipv4 /8's allocated

From: Curtis Maurand <cmaurand () xyonet com>
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2011 19:46:12 -0500

Touché!  That could theoretically happen. I think Apple should buy HPQDEC just so they can announce 16/7 :-)

None of the RIR blocks are going to be routed that way on purpose, though :-)

-Randy

I agree. Many of those corporations would have a hard time justifying an entire /8, even IBM. They just don't run large public networks any longer. Much of what they do is done on private nets. I would make all of the corporate legacy networks justify their /8's. I'll almost bet none of them can justify them any longer. I worked for a large medical company (30,000 seats) and we didn't use an entire /24.

--Curtis